Controlled substance charges are governed by California’s Health and Safety Code. Common examples of a controlled substance include: 1) Heroin; 2) Cocaine; 3) Concentrated Cannabis; 4) Prescription Medication; 5) Methamphetamine; 6) Marijuana. Depending on the evidence against you, charges may be filed under the following theories:
- Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
- Possession of a Controlled Substance for Sale/Intent to Sell
- Transportation of a Controlled Substance
- Manufacturing of a Controlled Substance
- Drug Trafficking
Stone Law brings you over 20 plus years of experience of successfully handling every type of Drug related offense. The best defense to serious drug charges requires an attorney to aggressively investigate the charges and to fight the case. In many cases, Stone Law will file pre-trial motions which include:
- Motion to exclude statements that were coerced or were taken in violation of Miranda;
- Motion to dismiss the criminal charges for insufficient evidence; and
- Motion to suppress evidence discovered during an illegal search or seizure.
An additional very important fact is that if you are a Non-U.S. Citizen, a conviction will result in adverse immigration consequences. If you are not a U.S. Citizen we will litigate your charge to attempt to achieve the best outcome for your immigration status.
Regardless of your status, STONE LAW has been fighting Health and Safety code allegations successfully for over 20 years and has been achieving excellent results for her clients. For more information and a consultation, with an experienced attorney contact Stone Law today.